Having A vagina with a foul odor can be very upsetting to any woman. While women have a natural vagina odor, there are factors that can affect its natural flora triggering an unpleasant smell. This situation can be truly embarrassing that can affect a woman’s self esteem or even your relationship with your partner. Having a smelly vagina is hard to deal with but Don’t let this get in your way, here are some helpful tips on how to get it back to normal.
What causes vaginal odor?
One of the main causes of a smelly vagina odor is Bacterial Vaginosis, this occurs due the overgrowth of multiple species of bacteria in the vagina’s mucous membranes. Another cause of vaginal odor is Trichomoniasis, a sexually transmitted disease, which is an infection caused by a protozoan. An unpleasant vaginal odor can also be a symptom of a yeast infection coupled with itching, soreness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse.
What steps should I take to prevent a bad vaginal smell?
Most cases of vaginal odor are caused by a sexually transmitted disease. Make it a habit to protect yourselves by applying good sexual practices such as using a condom. Douching has also been cited by several studies as a main cause of triggering Bacterial Vaginosis, limit or only douche when recommended by a doctor. Swap your tight jeans for a pair of comfortable trousers every once in a while to inhibit sweat from building up that causes yeast infection. Promoting a good and proper diet will give your body unlimited benefits, limit your sugar intake and consume foods that will improve your system in general.
How do I treat a smelly vagina?
Ideally, a good diet with proper hygiene is a key factor to prevent vaginal odor from occurring. You may also follow few simple steps to treat vaginal odor naturally:
- Detoxify your body. Take in fruits that are high in Vitamin C as these are natural cleansers of the body. It flushes out harmful toxins and strengthens our immune system.
- The natural bacteria inhabitants of a vagina is called lactobacilli, which as we all know are found in a cup of fresh yoghurt. Incorporate yoghurt in your daily meal plan or take it as a snack.
- Water is your best friend. Aside from Vitamin C, water will help aid in removing toxins out of your body.
- Garlic is popular for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. The most effective way to benefit from its properties is to consume it raw. Add slices of raw garlic in your salad or bread.
- Avoid scented soaps when washing your vagina as this may aggravate the situation even more. Also, use unscented detergents when washing your cotton underwear.
- A tea tree-oil is very rich in anti-bacterial agents that can effectively combat vaginal odor. You may use a diluted tea tree-oil solution to wash your vagina.
- Keep your vagina healthy. Practice good hygiene by washing your vagina every time you use the toilet.
- Swap your nylon or polyester underwear for cotton panties as these will promote proper air flow.
Comments are closed.